Thursday, July 8, 2010

So it begins...

I've recently decided to give the fancy, high-tech running shoes the final kick to the curb.

"Why!?" you might be asking. Well, for more than a handful of reasons, I've been turned on to natural running, which means going barefoot or using minimalist footware and allowing my feet to do the job they were meant to do.

Honestly, the idea of ditching the snazzy shoes sounded hokey to me too, so naturally, I decided to give it a shot to find out what all these dummies were talking about. After only a few minutes of my first barefoot run I was sold. And now, at just about a month into this transition I never want to wear a running shoe again. So much so that I'm constantly rambling on to my wife about it.

She suggested that, since I'm just steps into my long journey, I start up a blog and share my discoveries and progress along the way.

So, if you want come along, pop back over here in a few days and I'll tell you all about the shoeless run that forced me to reconsider everything I thought I knew about running.

Fixed

1 comment: